BRASS are creating a new admin/receptionist post. The post will be funded for 3 months initially then we will review the position and the funding for it. The job description is below.
If you are interested or know anyone who may be please pass this on and request an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the applications is the end of Monday 24th September and the interviews will be on Thursday 27th.
27b Tavistock Street, Bedford MK40 2RB
Tel: 01234 211 381
BRASS - Job Description
Job Title: Admin Assistant
Indicative Salary Range/Grade: £10 per hour
Hours: Part- time: 16 hours per week ( ideally weekday mornings)
This is a temporary position for 3 months in the first instance, but with the possibility of extension to a full year after review.
BRASS offices, 27b Tavistock St , Bedford MK40 2RB
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide effective running of an Office Base for BRASS. Conforming to Health and Safety Standards. Keeping up a regular flow of supplies and support. Some financial administration and book keeping. Running a Facebook site for the charity
Key Task List:
1. To monitor and manage the maintenance of the BRASS building, equipment and utilities by liaising with providers and securing quotes to secure the most efficient and cost effective solutions for the organisation and to put forward ideas and recommendations for improved goods/services to the Co-ordinator/line manager.
2. To help with monitoring statistics on our clients for funding applications and reporting
3. To exercise effective stock control of BRASS equipment, stationery and printed papers and forms, placing orders when necessary to ensure stock levels are maintained appropriately.
4. Helping run events and social activities for clients
5. Running a Facebook site for the charity
6. To provide post room services for incoming and outgoing mail, following relevant organisational procedures and ensuring post is distributed correctly in a timely manner.
7. To fulfil the role of a Health & Safety Officer by ensuring compliance with Health & Safety regulations and requirements and to carry out fire alarm and other checks, procedures and recording as necessary in liaison with the Coordinator/ line manager when necessary.
8. To keep the reception area, foyer, notice boards and related areas tidy, keep a check on the toilets and ensure common areas are kept tidy and stocks replenished and help provide hospitality for BRASS and other licenced charities meetings and events through liaison with the meeting/event organiser.
In order to be considered for this post you will have to demonstrate that you already have:
Demonstrable general office and administration experience
Work Based Knowledge
Good working knowledge of the English language
Good numeracy skills and accuracy in calculations
Some working knowledge of financial record keeping procedures
Awareness of Health & Safety issues in an office environment
Working knowledge of operating and maintaining routine office machinery and equipment
Understanding of confidentiality and data protection/log-in systems
Awareness of post incoming procedures and regulations
Preferably some working knowledge of stock control and storage
Preferably some working knowledge of purchasing, checking deliveries and invoice processing
Filing, record keeping and monitoring systems
Proficient IT skills in word processing, spreadsheets, databases and email. BRASS uses Microsoft Office applications. Social media, proficient in Facebook,
Good telephone manner and message taking skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - effective with a range of people with differing backgrounds
Good negotiating skills with suppliers
Evidences good organisational and time management skills
Demonstrably fast, accurate, methodical and neat in ways of working
Evidences a diligent approach to duties
In order to be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate that you have the ability to:
Work individually or as part of a team
To forward plan and prioritise and organise workload
To work well under pressure and be able to meet work deadlines
To take a proactive approach to finding solutions to problems
To effectively communicate with a wide variety of personnel and clients as well as partner, third party and external organisations.
Special Job Circumstances
This post has the following special circumstances:
Note: If you have difficulty in meeting these conditions because of a disability or family circumstances, the Chair of panel will discuss it with you in order to consider reasonable adjustments to the job or working conditions.